Sunday, March 27, 2011

Why Kansas Didn't Win The National Championship

If you read my previous post on the Jayhawks, then you know exactly why they couldn't win a national championship.  Point by point, Kansas failed in every facet of their game.  Inconsistent guard play, poor free throw shooting, and poor defense were the culprits.  The signs were abundant all season and unfortunately, it is how things played out on the court when it meant the most.  Congratulation to VCU, who did everything they needed to do to win.

2 comments:

  1. Well at least your "heart" team went further than any other in the family. This is not the first year I did a bracket, but since I did the bracket online and could keep better track of our pool, it is the first year I paid attention to the games. A lot of upsets, which is why the NCAA tournament is so popular I guess. I might do a straight underdog bracket next year and see how I do.

    At any rate, It's always nice to see someone who can constructively criticize his own beloved team. We Philly fans get a lot of flack for that, but it's just like being parents. We love our teams unconditionally, but we are going to hash out their weak points because we really do want the best for them.

    Love the blog, and thanks for letting me comment finally!! I lost the last one I tried to post.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor free throw shooting, poor D from outside, and a terrible shooting day will garner few wins.

    I knew at half KU was cooked because I have seen this so many times before with not just KU but other power teams. Sometimes you just have one of those days.

    Enjoyed the ride of another amazing season at KU. 30+ wins and two more trophies in the case with an Elite 8. A lot of schools would kill for that kind of season every 10 years and as a KU fan I enjoy it often. Perspective is a wonderful thing.

    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK and looking forward to 2011-2012 already.

    ReplyDelete